If you follow my blog you may have learned along the way that I really enjoy birds. My husband and I feed birds on our property and enjoy observing them and listening to them sing. I would love to be able to identify them just by hearing them but I'm definitely not that talented.
When I saw the Best Birds stamp set in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog, I knew I had to have it. I also love to color and that helped to make this set a "must have". I tried to color the bird to imitate a Yellow Warbler...how did I do?
To color, I used Watercolor Paper and "washed" the entire bird using an Aqua Painter and So Saffron ink. For the wings, feet, the highlighting and the branch, I used Chocolate Chip and Early Espresso ink and a blender pen. For the flowers, I used Black Memento ink, stamped on Soft Sky cardstock, added Clear Wink of Stella and tiny pearls. For the leaves, I used Garden Green ink and a blender pen.
I used the coordinating Birds and Blooms thinlits dies (Item #141477) to cut all the images out...no fancy cutting with this bundle! Love that!
Enjoy the video showing you all the details of how I made the card.
Want to order the supplies I used for this project? You can shop at my ONLINE STORE using the item numbers listed below...
- Best Birds stamp set (photopolymer) Item #141525
- Birds & Blooms thinlits dies #141477So
- AquaPainter #103954
- Blender Pens #102845
- Watercolor Paper #122959
- Whisper White card stock #100730
- Soft Sky card stock #131203
- Wink of Stella clear #141897
- Pearls #119247
- Chocolate Chip ink pad #126979
- Early Espresso ink pad #126974
- So Saffron ink pad #126957
- Garden Green ink pad #126973
- Black Memento ink pad #132708
- Hardwood Background stamp #133032 (wood) or #133035 (clear)
If you have any questions, I am "at your Serviss", so feel free to contact me. I am here to help you with your paper crafting needs and would enjoy working with you.